Self esteem is your opinion of yourself. High self esteem is a good opinion of yourself and low self esteem is a bad opinion of yourself.
Your self esteem depends on many questions:
• Is your job worthwhile? Do others respect what you do? Do you?
• Do you believe you are successful?
• How do you see yourself (your self image or view of you)?
• How do you feel about yourself , and your strengths and weaknesses?
• Are you comparing yourself to others and ignoring the unique value that you have?
• What do you think of your social status?
• How do you relate to others?
• Can you make your own decisions? A lack of choices leads to low levels of self esteem.
What is Low Self Esteem?
Low self esteem comes from a poor self image. Your self image is based on how you see yourself. Do you think you are a good, reliable, hardworking, honest or friendly person? Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror or do you believe others look better and dress better than you?
Low self esteem also depends on other factors like your job. For example, do you value the job you do? Does the job you have help you be happy with who you are? Do the others in your office respect you?
Low self esteem feeds your negative thinking and causes you to believe the critcism others make of you. Do you take what others say and not speak up? This can cause you to lose confidence so it is vital to end negative thoughts if you want to build your self esteem.
What is High Self Esteem?
High self esteem is the opposite of the above! If you have a high level of self esteem you will be confident, happy, highly motivated and have the right attitude to succeed.
The Importance of Self Esteem
Self esteem is crucial and is a cornerstone of a positive attitude towards living.
It is very important because it affects how you think, act and even how you relate to other people. It allows you to live life to your potential. Low self esteem means poor confidence and that also causes negative thoughts which means that you are likely to give up easily rather than face challenges. In addition, it has a direct bearing on your happiness and wellbeing.